What Are The Health Benefits Of CBD Oil?
The medicinal utility of Cannabis has long been established. Studies like the one by Nora D. Volkow, Director of NIDA states that Cannabidiol has potential medical benefits that have long been ignored. Cannabidiol oil extract, for instance, can work wonders. So, how do these CBD oils work and what are the health benefits that make them worth a try?
How is CBD Oil Safe for You?
Hemp isn’t the same as marijuana. The hemp oil extract used to make cannabidiol is high on the cannabinoids content but low on tetrahydrocannabinol. This means that it is non-psychoactive and does not induce a high, thus eliminating potential risks and making it more widely acceptable.
Science behind Cannabidiols Explained
Cannabidiols, one of the 80 different Cannabinoids in the marijuana plant, can help you to alleviate pain easily. It has nearly no side effects, and has anti seizure, anti psychotic and even anti tumour properties as well. Cannabinoids have an effect on the specific receptors of brain and body cells. It works on the CB1 and CB2 receptors, and its effect causes euphoria. However, it produces little to no effects, but acts on other brain signaling systems to offer the therapeutic effects.
cannabidiol oil health benefits
Here are some of the major benefits that can be obtained by adding CBD oil to your medicine cabinet.
- Works as an analgesic: If you want to lay off on stronger medicines for pain relief, CBD oil can prove to be an excellent alternative. The active components bind with the CB1 receptors in the brain and numb pain. Additionally, it can be used to quell swelling as it acts as an excellent anti-inflammatory agent.
- Helps with digestion: Since good digestion is imperative for the overall health of an individual, CBD oil can be incorporated into one’s routine to enable just that. It acts as an appetite-stimulant by binding with the cannabinoid receptors in the body that have an effect on a person’s eating pattern. Therefore, it can be recommended for patients with illnesses that suppress appetite, as they need to boost it in order to aid healing.
- Anxiety management: CBD oils have all the credentials that make them an effective anxiety reliever. When they bind with receptors (ECS) in the brain, they calm the nerves and alleviate paranoia. Moreover, since they are non-psychotropic, they are safe to use.
- Manage alcohol-caused harm: Apart from the challenges of building a strong resolve to kick the bottle, recovering alcoholics also have to battle with the damage that excess consumption has inflicted on their liver. CBD oils can be prescribed in this situation because they can protect it from further damage by preventing accumulation of fats and lipids.
- Schizophrenia management: studies by a leading European university have revealed that cannabinoids have great potential to alleviate psychotic effects of diseases like schizophrenia. They have a therapeutic effect on the brain. Since, effective medication in this field is still a matter of research, cannabinoids has a ripe potential to be counted as one.
- Antiemetic: cannabinoids is known to have a calming effect, which makes is an effective antiemetic, i.e. it reduces nausea and vomiting. This makes it a preferable prescription for patients undergoing chemotherapy or other treatments that may induce nausea.
The medicinal potential of cannabidiols is immense and far-reaching. Dedicated research in this field is sure to yield safe and sustainable alternative medicine.