CBD Oil Dosage – How Much CBD Oil Should I Take?
While you search up on the internet for the treatment of different diseases, there might pop up an option naming CBD. Well, you might be familiar with the fact that CBD belongs to the family of cannabis, and is the second most largely used strain, the first one being THC. Although THC is also used to treat disease, but it is majorly consumed as a psychoactive agent that makes you go high. CBD on the other hand is preferred over THC due to the fact that it is non-psychoactive. This allows you to get treated with the same benefits without causing facing any mind-alteration. Sounds like a fair deal, right?
Being a major phytocannabinoid, CBD is currently being used in a vast number of medical diseases. A few of them being:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Neurological disorders
The results have shown huge improvement in tons of cases and many people are trying to get their hands on this product for their medical conditions.
How Much CBD Should I vape?
CBD consumption is in its naive stages at the present. Hence, no particular dosage guidelines have been formulated as a standard as yet. There are many practices that are currently going on regarding the dosage, and people are experimenting and calculating the amount of CBD that suits them the most, depending upon their medical condition. So let’s take a look at some of the information that will help you identify the correct dosage you would require for your treatment.
CBD Dosage Calculator:
|Person Size||2- 25lbs||26- 45lbs||46- 85lbs||86- 150lbs||151- 240lbs||241+lbs|
Since there are many experiments going on currently with the CBD dosage thing, physicians ask you to start at a particular dose and reach the maximum at which your symptoms alleviate, without causing significant disturbance to your body. So while setting a dose for yourself, you need to have a good look at the following points and try working on them in order to stay away from any type of undesired reaction:
- Start With Minimum Amount: With drugs like cannabis, you would always want to be on the safe side whether this stuff has the ability to harm you or not. So start at a minimum dose, let’s say 5 mg a day. Try to stick to this for a week or two unless it’s not benefiting you anymore.
- Increase Gradually: Since you started at a minimum dose, many of your symptoms may not alleviate with that setting. For this purpose, you now need to increase the amount gradually. Do not do this at a fast pace for it might harm your body, because in this phase you are not aware about how much of this drug your body needs or can tolerate. So it is better to be on the safe side.
- Watch Your Symptoms: you now need to watch the symptoms that you were complaining of, whether they have subsided or not. If not, you may then continue to increase your dosage bit by bit to watch the effect. But if your symptoms have already subsided, you have then determined the optimum dose for your condition. You may continue to use this dose in case you encounter similar symptoms in future.
- Watch Out For Any Side Effect: Although CBD oil does not have much side effects, which gives it an upper hand over other cannabis, but like any other ay drug, it may harm you if you try to over dose. Be patient to test your optimum dosage and be cautious with whatever you deal with in regard to medicines.
- Keep In Mind Other Drug Interactions: Like any other drug, CBD also has some drug-drug interactions too. It tends to increase or decrease the effects of certain medications. For example, if you are currently taking an opioid, you should consider that CBD tends to increase the effect of Opioids.
How To Use CBD Oil?
Since there are many brands and companies that are currently involved in the business of selling CBD, every other bottle comes with a different set of instructions about the dose they offer. So what to do now? Well, the most important thing here is to observe that how many milligrams of CBD does each drop of the product contains (CBD concentration/strength). Let’s say, if the dose that you want to consume is 10mg per day, and each drop of some brand contains about 2mg of CBD, then you need to take about 5 drops of that oil for per day given your requirement.
How Long Does It Take For CBD Oil To Work?
This depends on the duration in which you consumed your last meal, and whether you are taking your dose before or after you eat. If you are taking CBD after a meal, it takes about an hour to work. It starts working earlier if you dose on an empty stomach.
Although it is still under research and study process, but CBD dosage for some diseases have been roughly established which might help you to sort out your required dose. Following is the recommended dosage for certain ailments:
CBD Oil dosage for anxiety:
|If you want to go for CBD medication to treat your anxiety disorder, then your healthcare provider must be the only person whom you seek an advice regarding the dosage. However, it has been observed that a dose of CBD to THC ratio of 10:1 always works the best for initial phases of treatment of depression, anxiety, pediatric seizure disorder, as well as spasms.|
CBD Oil Cancer Dosage: 60-120 grams for 3-6 months
CBD Dosage For Pain: 2.5-20 mg orally for 25 days
CBD Dosage For Insomnia: 40-160 mg
CBD Oil Epilepsy Dosage: 200-300 mg by mouth for 4-5 months
CBD For Huntington’s Disease: 10 mg per kg body weight for 6 weeks.
CBD Dosage For Multiple Sclerosis: 2.5 – 120 mg of a THC-CBD combination for about 2-15 weeks.
CBD Dosage For Schizophrenia: 40-1000 mg by mouth for one month
CBD Dosage For Glaucoma: 20 – 40 MG under the tongue.
In this article, we discussed about some established dosages of CBD oil, however, CBD for many other diseases is still being. Since this herbal oil has minimal side effects, you could easily experiment with the dosage until you find the best suitable one for your condition. But the bottom line is, do consult your physician, for they are the best ones in this case who can guide you about your required CBD dose.