Vaping Vs Ingesting CBD - Which Is More Effective ?
“There’s more than one way to skin a cat.” You have probably heard this saying before. Essentially, it alludes to the fact that there are numerous approaches that can be used to accomplish a task. Similarly, there are a number of ways in which cannabinoids oil can be consumed. You can either vaporize or ingest. Most people advise on vaporizing rather than oral ingestion. To understand the rationale for the preference, a detailed explanation of how the cannabinoids gets into the body is imperative.
Ingesting CBD Oil
- It contains less water soluble capabilities which make it resistant to staying within the blood stream. When ingested, therefore, it diffuses out of blood and accumulates in the body’s fatty tissues. This reduces the bioactive amount that permeates into your systemic circulation. Hence, less of it is transported to its active sites within the body.
- Not all the consumed amount affects the body: Just a small percentage manages to enter into the circulatory system. This is scientifically referred to as bioavailability. Oral ingestion has a 15% bioavailability
- When ingested, it passes through the liver before getting to the gut. The liver actively reduces its amount through chemical breakdown by enzymes and through absorption. This results in the concentration of bioactive compounds being reduced and, therefore, bioavailability is reduced.
Vaporizing CBD Oil
- Consumption by vaporization is a practical approach to increasing the bioavailability in the body. It enters the lungs and diffuses directly into the blood stream. This way, it avoids passing through the liver and the gut.
- Cannabidiol that enters the blood stream during vaporization is approximately sixty percent. This is four times that which is absorbed by orally ingesting it. Hence, with this method, the user can get a similar effect to that of oral ingestion with only a small amount.
Advantages Of Vaping Over Ingestion
Vaping serves to decrease the amount of time that may be needed cannabinoid to take effect in the body. It is therefore considered efficient and its effect can be felt within thirty minutes.
Disadvantages Of Ingesting Over Vaping
The ingested cannabinoid takes a longer to effect in the body as compared to the vaped. This is attributed to the path taken -passing through the liver and the gut before it can be absorbed into the blood stream. The amount that is finally absorbed into the bloodstream is significantly reduced while ingesting. This reduction is attributed to the liver enzymes that break it down and absorb it.Cannabidiol may also get absorbed into the fatty acids of the body due to its water hydrophobic nature.
Therefore CBD oil should be vaporized rather than getting ingested to avoid losses of bioactive compounds and the time taken to be absorbed