CBD Use During Pregnancy - Any Effects On Fetus?
What Is CBD Hemp Oil?
When we talk about cannabis, there comes a strong concern which is the addiction; whether it makes you high or not. If we go according to the classification of cannabis, we find two major compounds that are currently being used in drug and health services; the first one being Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This is the component that is responsible for the psycho-active stuff that might happen to the consumer. On the other hand, is Cannabidiol (CBD). This is the content that is not psycho active. CBD Hemp oil is a processed form of cannabis that is extracted from those variants that are high in CBD and very low in THC. This thus allow you to take benefit from the pain killing and neuro-protective part of cannabis while simultaneously avoiding getting high.
Is Cannabidol Safe For Pregnancy?
For anyone of you, pregnancy will always be a blessing. You would want to take care of your little one more than any other thing in this world. However, this journey won’t be easy. You will have to ride through a roller coaster of emotions and symptoms through these nine months. To get rid of at least some of these unpleasant symptoms, you might want to outreach towards the consumption of CBD oil, because let us be clear on this, any consumption of other cannabinoids, might affect your and your baby’s health.
Let it be clear to you that any substance during pregnancy could be concerning. Although there are no profound adverse effects observed as yet, however, CBD use during pregnancy should always be guided by a health care expert.
Conditions In Pregnancy Affected By CBD:
Cannabinoids affect our body by working in coordination with our body’s endocannabinoidal system. It has pronounced effects on the following conditions faced during pregnancy:
- Morning sickness
- Back ache
- Chronic pain relief
- Premature contractions
- Post-partum blues
Let’s just go through an overview on the use of Cannabis in these following conditions.
- Nausea and vomiting are basically our body’s built in mechanisms to prevent digestion of extra stuff.
- However, in pregnancy, this reflex shoots the bar especially in the first three months.
- The consumption of cannabis help the body to activate a neurotransmitter called 5hydroxytryptamine.
- This neurotransmitter helps the body to slow the expulsion reflex and thus helps to reduce these symptoms.
- The first trimester, in most of the cases; comes with the package of morning sickness.
- The moment you get out of bed, you have the feeling of a worsening hangover. This symptom is also greatly relieved by the use of cannabis.
- Throughout you pregnancy, the increasing weight of your baby exerts significant pressure on your lower body and back.
- This leaves you with restlessness and backache.
- The ability of cannabis to subside pain helps you out here and alleviated your symptom.
- If you have a pre-existing complain of pain, given the current status of your pregnancy, this pain might increase a bit.
- With the consumption of cannabis, your body helps you narrow down this signal transduction and tries to transmit lesser pain signals.
- This will help you in cases like this to fight chronic pain that increased during pregnancy.
- Premature deliveries are being really common these days due to a million causes. One of these causes is premature contraction.
- Your body, under certain conditions, tries to expel the baby causing a premature delivery.
- However, according to a study done in 2010, the use of cannabis actually inhibited the premature myometrial (uterine) contractions.
- This helped in several cases where cannabis was given in order to sustain the pregnancy a little bit longer.
- Many patients have reported increasing depression after their delivery.
- CBD helps to activate serotonergic signaling through 5ht1a receptor defense mechanism.
- This helps to activate ‘the happy chemicals’ of our body and helps to fight depression.
Chronic Pain Relief:
CBD Oil While Breast Feeding:
If you go for cannabis that are high in THC while you are breast feeding your child, this chemical will affect your baby’s health. But if you want to alleviate the symptoms while keeping an eye on your baby’s health, then going for CBD hemp oil will be your safest option as this does not contain harmful compounds that might get transmitted to your baby through you. Hence, effects of CBD on fetus will only take place if the wrong product is selected.
Pregnant women have used cannabis since over years to alleviate the symptoms that trouble the, during their pregnancy like nausea, vomiting, body aches, depression etc. But let’s be honest, you won’t for a second, compromise your baby’s health. So the safest option for you is to avoid cannabis that is high in THC because there is a new solution to these problems which is CBD hemp oil. This is much safer for your baby and will help you out in reducing your symptoms. Take care of yourself along with your little one.