CBD Oil For Parkinson's Disease
When you talk about cannabinoids, the first thing that comes in your mind is how much it would affect your brain and body. For all those who want a genuinely helpful treatment with the least adverse effects on your body, you should definitely have a look at what we have for you in the store regarding CBD oil for Parkinson's disease.
What Is Parkinson's Disease?
If you have never come across the term Parkinson’s disease, let us describe it for you. It is a degenerative condition of the brain that affects the body's motor system. While there is no definitive cure for this disease, many medicines are being manufactured for the purpose to at least slow the progression of the ailment.
Symptoms Of Parkinson's Disease:
The early symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease include:
- Tremors (especially when the limbs are at rest)
- Decline in cognitive function
- Sleep disturbances
- Gait problems
- Motor weakness, etc.
Later on in the advanced stages of the disease, dementia occurs.
CBD Oil And Parkinson's:
Among the various agents being recently introduced to the market for this purpose, there is a much effective formula known as "the CBD Hemp oil." The oil is basically extracted from the cannabis. The two components that are abundant in these plants are Tetrahydrocannabinol and Cannabidiol. CBD hemp oil is extracted from the hemp in which the concentration of cannabidiol is higher whereas the concentration of THC is significantly lower. This is the best possible reason that the CBD hemp oil is effective in treatment without being psychoactive and hence, has lower negative effects on your brain.
In late 1980s, a system was discovered to be present in human body. This system is called the "Endocannabinoid system." The endocannabinoid system fights against the outer bodily states by maintaining an inner balance by regulating our temperature, mood, appetite etc. Such a process is also termed as 'homeostasis.' The main cannabinoid receptors that are located almost throughout the body are CB1 and CB2.
The Consumption Of Cannabis Oil For Parkinson's May Have The Following Beneficial Effects:
- The favorable effect of this agent is that, it tends to link itself with the above mentioned receptors and help our endocannabinoid system to carry out homeostasis. The binding of the cannabidiol to these receptors help the brain to produce more dopamine. Dopamine inhibits the symptoms of Parkinson's disease
- According to a study done recently, the daily consumption of CBD oil proved to be a factor in improving the quality of life of the patients suffering from this degenerative condition without any known psychiatric disorder.
- Regarding CBD Parkinson's, yet another study was conducted to find out the possible benefit of consumption of this drug on the motor, as well as the non-motor symptoms of PD. The effect was proved to be positive as the patients experienced less sleep and pain troubles. Tremors and bradykinesia symptoms also exhibited improved scores
- The release of dopamine helps the body to decrease the intensity of tremors and also resolves the gait disturbances for a short time
- One more study proves the benefit of cannabidiol for Parkinson's disease, where the subjects who were given the dose had significant improvement in the motor functions and rigidity. It also affected the pain scores in a positive way
CBD Dosage For Parkinson's:
There is no recommended standard dosage of Cannabidiol devised as yet for the treatment of Parkinson's disease till now. However, the healthcare provider may calculate the amount of cannabis oil to be given to the patient based on certain factors.
To conclude, it is important to notify that the use of cannabis oil for curing Parkinson’s Disease is proven by several valuable research works too. This fact clearly figures out that most of the symptoms of PD are affected by the consumption of this drug, and it significantly improves the mental, emotional and well as social aspects of the life of a patient by reducing his symptoms.